Show us your used bottle top/cap project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kegtoe

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I searched for a forum where there was a collection of people's projects and couldn't find one. I'm looking for some insperation.

Let's see some pics!

Nobody? I remember seeing a few table tops and bar tops covered in caps and then epoxied. I can't seem to find specific examples. If you have done a project show it off here!

I have done just that before, covered the top in caps then epoxied it. It was a lot of work. Unfortunately when I remodeled my bar, that part was tossed. If you do plan on doing that, make sure you glue or something the caps down first. I didnt and spent hours pushing them back down as they tried to float up. Turned out awesome though.

This is what you are looking for. It was featured in BYO:
http://byo.com/photos/item/471/asInline
I don't think my link worked, so go to:
BYO.com
Photo Galleries
Equipment Galleries
Then scroll down to Brian Williams in Greenwood, IN

There is a photo of a bar he built with epoxied bottle caps.
BTW, this is not my table.

my friends have a nice beer pong table covered with bottle caps. one of their families owns a wood workign company so the wood is nice red hardwood sanded and finished nicely and the top has all the bottle caps recessed into the table with a self leveling epoxy on top. it's awesome. they used different colors to make the University of Minnesota "M" in it.

Latest posts

Back