Help me w/ my Kegging Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_striker

Reaction score
My goal is to eventually have 4 kegs serving different beers at different volumes CO2.

I can only afford to spend $150-$200 now. What initial purchase would best allow me to strategically and cost effectively upgrade in the future?

What do you have so far? If you're just starting to acquire stuff piecemeal, then you need everything, from a chest freezer to lines. So start looking at deals and get what you can. If you don't have kegs yet, then you can get 4 used ball locks for about 150.00

One thing you DON'T want to buy if you know you're going to be serving multiple carb leveled kegs is a manifold, you're going to want a secondary regulator instead. I think I just paid about 150 for mine from ebay.

But if you're just starting to put a system together, then just look at some of the keezer vids (like BOBBY M or Craigtubes) and the stickies in the bottling kegging section. Start making a list, and shop whenever you have the money.

What do you have so far? If you're just starting to acquire stuff piecemeal, then you need everything, from a chest freezer to lines. So start looking at deals and get what you can. If you don't have kegs yet, then you can get 4 used ball locks for about 150.00

One thing you DON'T want to buy if you know you're going to be serving multiple carb leveled kegs is a manifold, you're going to want a secondary regulator instead. I think I just paid about 150 for mine from ebay.

Thanks for the advice on the manifold...This is exactly the type of advice I need as I don't know a lot about kegging. And no matter how much I read on it, I'm bound to make these mistakes unless otherwise directed.

As far as actual kegging equipment, I have nothing...I know that I want to eventually pour from faucets but am willing to use picnic taps to start if I need to. I would rather start with everything I need to start kegging rather than piece a system together. I'm thinking a 1-2 keg system to start with the option to grow into my goal.

I have a side by side freezer/fridge that I use for beer on the fridge side and elk on the freezer side...Just your typical garage fridge. I have not decided whether or not I want to convert it to a kegerator.

I am also thinking of making a keezer with serving taps in the future.

for under 200 you can get this.....

hbkegkit__29147_std.jpg

But that's one keg, co2 and a picnic tap....Rebel Brewer Kegging kit

But that's just what you get.....To me if you're going to do a system, and you only have x amount of money at any given time, then you break everything down into a list and get what you can when you can.

Like I said, the only thing that would limit you in your dream system, would be if you wasted money on a minifold, when you really want a secondary regulator.

$200 will get you a corny keg, co2 tank, single regulator, gas and liquid quick connects, picnic tap and some beverage tubing (to connect to your picnic tap).

That's just to keg it. Now you need to keep it cold.

Latest posts

Back