What do you drink during football games?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BogusOwnz

Reaction score
For me light crisp lagers that I can drink straight from the bottle (i know craft beer no no) is what I crave for a football game. Yesterday it was a couple Yuenglings and New Glarus Totally Naked. I'm sure that will change because during the nhl playoffs it was all about having an imperial russian stout during the game. So what do you guy drink during the games?

Whatever I have. Normally mid-range beers, or lighter beers, because I'm usually eating snacks too. Then some Pepto-Bismol because I watch The Lions.

folks at my house just drink whatever I have on tap. There's always a pale ale, and the other beer rotates.

Except for my friend Bret... He's got a gluten issue and I've got some gluten free stuff in the pantry for him. Poor bastard.

Had Sam Adam Octoberfest at Gillette Stadium yesterday. Usually it's that at home or whatever homebrew I have on tap. Currently that's American Brown, Coconut Stout, Dark Mild, and Octoberfest Ale.

Tears of Hokie fans...

Seriously a good session beer with low carbination will do. Tasty and not too filling. If its a big game I go to a BMC cause I'm going to drink quite a few. (same happens with hockey season)

Tears of Hokie fans...

Seriously a good session beer with low carbination will do. Tasty and not too filling. If its a big game I go to a BMC cause I'm going to drink quite a few. (same happens with hockey season)

Tears of Hokie fans. Haha that's gold!!
I'm the opposite, on a big game I drink less. I can't pay attention for nothing after a few beers. We drink a lot of homebrew and good IPAs at our tailgates usually. I don't care how hot it is outside, I just want something that tastes good.

What do i drink during football games? At away games, beer. At home games, no alcohol at the stadium so nothing or maybe a little sip of whatever I get for the kids if they're there.

I don't know why you guys are all talking about what you drink when watching football. I think the title wants to know what you drink while you are playing Football. ;)

I don't play, but for those that do, I'd suggest Pliny in a sippy cup, or walkers helmet in his avatar. :)

I don't know why you guys are all talking about what you drink when watching football. I think the title wants to know what you drink while you are playing Football. ;)

I don't play, but for those that do, I'd suggest Pliny in a sippy cup, or walkers helmet in his avatar. :)

So he is in the NFL?

Then some Pepto-Bismol because I watch The Lions.

:D

Being a Packer fan I normally hit up 2 games at Lambeau, and for some wierd reason I only go to the cold games in Dec, so normally its a heavy stout. Then in the game a flask of something to stay warm.

Definitely a session beer for my Saturday college football sessions. Plus a little something stronger if the Gators lose and I have to purge the memory.

7eleven gameday beer.. no im just kidding, i actually have no favorite football game beer. i just drink what im in the mood for. with that being said i just enjoyed a homebrewed ipa and stout, plus an avery hog heaven, and haanddbrygeriet(or however you spell it) wild thing for the saints game the other night.

If it's my beer, the mild or an american hopped blonde (like a jr apa). Otherwise I just try to go for something low abv , because I will drink a lot of them during the game.

For me light crisp lagers that I can drink straight from the bottle (i know craft beer no no) is what I crave for a football game. Yesterday it was a couple Yuenglings and New Glarus Totally Naked. I'm sure that will change because during the nhl playoffs it was all about having an imperial russian stout during the game. So what do you guy drink during the games?

Well, I normally tend to drink whatever beer I have on hand, my own brews included, unless it's something special or high gravity. But, when my beloved Hurricanes aren't playing well, out comes the whiskey!

Needless to say, there was a fair amount of whiskey consumed this past saturday...

But I'll bet my left arm that the whiskey will stay in the cabinet next thursday :rockin:

If I'm at a game, its usually just whatever they have. Tends to be BMC, if it is a hockey game I'll go with a Molson or Sweetwater. If I'm at home then it's whatever is in my fridge.

Something get gets me drunk fast so I don't remember the game (I am a buffalo bills fan).

At the games I usually don't drink. Way too much money for BMC. If we're tailgaiting then I bring homebrew or craft brew. Actually, I think for last year's tailgates I brought Sam Adam's seasonals.

Now when I am watching Jets games I drink throw-up, because after every offensive play I throw-up in my mouth and have to swallow it.

Back