Beer Tech

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mresa641

Reaction score
I would like to know where I can find a hard copy source of a book that can show me all technical aspects of brewing e.g. chemicals and chemical reactions and the flavors they impart, malt specs and gravity points, hop profiles as well as other technical info. Any ideas where to get something like this? Ive searched the web and found some stuff but Im not too sure if its credible or not.

What is the communities take on going to brewing school such as the program offered at UC Davis? I have a strong business background am young and feel like I can take this pretty far with a lot of know how and business savvy. Any master brewers have an opinion or recommendations?

On the lighter reading side, Designing Great Beers is a good resource. If you want to do some heavier lifting, look for Principles of Brewing Science & A Textbook of Brewing. Northern Brewer carries all three.

Back