Accidental Strong Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnaBonger

Reaction score
Somehow I managed to brew up something in the 1.080 range (well, I know how the "somehow" happened but lets not dwell upon that :p) and was originally shooting for 1.055ish... The target FG for this is/was 1.015 - 1.020.

My question is this - The yeast I used was a simple dry pack of Notty. I'm wondering if the yeast I used will be able to bring me down to the desired FG and if not, what can I do to get myself there? Second pack of yeast? Dissolve some DME in water and introduce to the primary to give the yeasties something more to work with? Just sit tight?

It's already been in the primary for about a week and I plan on taking a reading this weekend to see where I stand...

I wouldn't add any DME, because that would increase the ABV and make it more difficult to get to your wanted FG.

Just wait and see, I guess. Nottingham can handle a pretty big beer, so you should be ok, depending on the recipe.

Back