Spots in Kansas City area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atonk

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'll be going to the Kansas City area (Olathe) for work next week, and will have at least one free night, if not two. I've been there a few times, but have not had the opportunity to go beer exploring on my own. The last time I was taken to Gordon Biersch, but there must be somewhere else, right?
Thanks in advance!

Flying Saucer, I here is good never been. But if you go to 75th Street you are only a few Blocks from Swagger and they have a very good on tap selection. There is also Free State Brewing in Lawrence KS, and Boulevard Brewing if you want to go check out the bigger guy in town.

I_B_Mongo said:
Flying Saucer, Beer Kitchen, McCoys, The Foundry, 75th St. All great brew pubs or beer bars.

Yes to all of these. :mug:

I'm spending more time mapping my beer route than I am packing - thanks everyone

Flying Saucer, I here is good never been. But if you go to 75th Street you are only a few Blocks from Swagger and they have a very good on tap selection. There is also Free State Brewing in Lawrence KS, and Boulevard Brewing if you want to go check out the bigger guy in town.

If you go to swagger, get a cheeseburger. I'd recommend the "dead texan". Swagger was featured on diners, drive-ins, and dives.

But Flying saucer has the best beer selection by far. The only other thing that compares is Yard House up at Legends (I-70 and I-435 on the Kansas side), but I've only been there once and I was...less than coherent when I arrived (BOGO beers at the nearby Kansas City T-bones baseball game that evening).

Managed to hit McCoy's, Beer Kitchen and 75th St. McCoy's and 75th were out of a few I really wanted to try, but still good stops. Will hit the rest next month!

Latest posts

Back