I'm Drunk!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's 5:40pm here, a Saturday, I'm watching football, and I have not had a beer yet today. WTF is wrong with me...

*headed to the fridge*

It's 5:40pm here, a Saturday, I'm watching football, and I have not had a beer yet today. WTF is wrong with me...

*headed to the fridge*

Well it's 740 here and I haven't poured one. I have to get going. I don't usually pour one before 8 anyway..

Drinking a 750ml of Victory Golden monkey at 9.5% and following it up with an orval clone at 7.7% is getting me on the right path :rockin:

Had a bit today while brewing. Now I feel like I'm getting sick. Flu's been going around. Should I play it safe, or say WTH and go get another?

I'm working on it. I'm actually home in my apt alone on a Saturday for the first time in nearly a year. Normally I spend weekends at my GF's an hour away, but she's doing a girl's night in with her friends. So I'm (I really needed to clean anyway. I work down in Detroit so we spend more time down at he place, and I only come up here a couple of weekdays a week, especially because all my doctor stuff is down there too nothing's gotten done around here in months.)

And there's a lake effect blizzard forming. So I am cleaning and drinking and rocking out to Randy Bachman's awesome radio show "Vinyl Tap" on CBC. I've had 3 beers in the last hour and I'm looking for a refil now. :mug:

Just started on my third glass..

Did a boatload of work around the house today.. finished everything on my Saturday to-do list and then some... I'm tired and beat up, so the beer is hitting fast.. Might be a good night for the jacuzzi tub...

Or just a quick shower, another beer, and hit the sack might be in order...

We ate at Victory tonight. Had a Smoakin' oats. Sadly that's it until the Ed's pale ale I just poured off tap. :)

How strong is the original BW then?

Teh original is right now at 12.5% if my math was right but ...if I can knock it down from 1.030 to 1.020 like I want it will be a wowzer. I can't find my notes as to how big this seconds runnings ended up. But it's niiiiiiiiice......

But I really want a stout or something, but I don't have anything here...and it is blizzarding out now....

Just got home from a 4 hour drive, some of it in the sketchy snowy conditions. Almost done with my first celebration!

2 of my dark strong's + 2 of my dark strong's turned BIPA and one of my oatmeal stout. then a glass of wine the girlfriend wouldn't finish. Im just about there.

Is this some lacing or what?

That's from the barelywine seconds.

It worked it worked it worked!!!! I just sent that directly from HBT mobile!!!!!

ForumRunner_20110108_223858.jpg

Catching up myself

Revvy said:
Is this some lacing or what?

That's from the barelywine seconds.

It worked it worked it worked!!!! I just sent that directly from HBT mobile!!!!!

Awesome to see this come together.

Revvy said:
I was contemplating a switch to nearly the same thing, either the cap or bourbon...but I realized I was out of egg nog....dammit. It wouldn't work with straight milk would it?

White russians are tasty if you have all of the ingredients. Long live The Dude

I drank some of my home brews and a few other while brewing up a hoppy ass IPA tonight. Needless say I'm feeling good. I don't recall what we drank, but I know it was a pumpkin spice I brewed up, a boddington pub clone, and some other IPA thing.

You know though....my mind seems to think clearer when I drink beer. Like how my GF is an ass to me for no reason..maybe I should listen to what my mom and instincts are saying....

You know though....my mind seems to think clearer when I drink beer. Like how my GF is an ass to me for no reason..maybe I should listen to what my mom and instincts are saying....

thats quotable material right there my friend :mug:

11 PBR's, and a Racer 5 IPA and I'm still able to type...holy crap, how am I not stupid fall down drunk at 5'9" 170 pounds.

thats quotable material right there my friend :mug:

And then last week she decided to throw a marriage ultimatum at me after only dating for one year. I told her "You know you're asking me to predict the future and I can't do that". I called her bluff I think and have told her it's over, she made a big mistake trying to manipulate me into something I wasn't ready for.

soooooooo... il'm drunk again. wooohooo! an i got somthing to say!. i'm drinkin a noble pils now and to me, it kinda tastes like tea. with hops in it. not in a bad way.

how you guys doin?

soooooooo... il'm drunk again. wooohooo! an i got somthing to say!. i'm drinkin a noble pils now and to me, it kinda tastes like tea. with hops in it. not in a bad way.

how you guys doin?

you mean sam adams noble pils? kinda bland for my tastes....
i'm working my way through some kona koko brown. it's tasty, but a little sweet. not gonna be drunk tonight, though. have work tomorrow AM, and it's only my third day at my new job, so i'll be waiting for the weekend, when we'll be celebrating my sister's birthday with my homebrews.

Quick! Everyone start looking up translations for things like "Coca-Cola", or "Natty-lite Ice Forever" in Gaelic.

He won't remember a thing.:D

I'm well on my way but not quite there yet... only 15 minutes left to be drunk for 4 days in a row... doesn't look like that is going to happen...such a failure for being on spring break

GilaMinumBeer said:
Quick! Everyone start looking up translations for things like "Coca-Cola", or "Natty-lite Ice Forever" in Gaelic.

Lol! I see what you did there...

haha. got off line last night. just read this this morning. laughing my ass off:D

Back