The Hops Exchange

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Humpsalot

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am just getting back into brewing after moving into a new place and I'm astonished at the lack of availability for many tasty varieties of hops. So, since I have a lot of hops in my freezer, but not quite all the hops I'm looking for, I was wondering if maybe a hop exchange might be a good idea. Post up what you've got to trade... and then what you're looking for. Maybe we can help a brewer out....

If you're looking for a couple ounces of hops, then please post up. I think we fellow homebrewers can help each other out in this time of shortage...

Personally, I know I could part with at least a quarter pound or two of 6.0%AA Hallertauer (pellet).

As for what I'd like, well, maybe some strissel, or ekg.

Great Idea! I have: galena, fuggles, tettnag, bramiling cross. will trade a few ounces for anything.

Oooh, Bramling Cross. I've wanted to try those. I'll have to check my (very small) stash to see what would be good to trade.

This is a great idea, by the way. Especially if everyone does this as a straight-across trade.

Chad

I've got a few ounces of Cascades and Northern Brewer (pellets, packaged by ounce) I'd be willing to trade for a nice German-compatible hop.

Hmmm....What should be a "standard" shipping practice? I suppose now that it's cooler out it probably doesn't matter as much, but it would still be good to have a general idea how how hops "should" be shipped.

RadicalEd said:
Hmmm....What should be a "standard" shipping practice? I suppose now that it's cooler out it probably doesn't matter as much, but it would still be good to have a general idea how how hops "should" be shipped.

I was thinking about that too. I figure that this is a thread for guys who are going to brew "this weekend", so honestly, it doesn't matter much. I'd say USPS all the way. Add an extra stamp to the envelope and keep it in a mini ziplock baggy.

LOL... it'll suck for the dude working the Xray counter that day. LOL

Back