types of beers that dont need 48 hours of fridge time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnsmh2

Reaction score
What types of beers don't need to be in fridge for a couple days to help settle out the yeast? I'm assuming Weizens would be one?

Most of my beers don't get 48+ hours of fridge time before I crack them open. I have never thought they tasted better/worse from extended time in the fridge as long as they are drank at the right temp.

It's not a rule, it's just a suggestion to let your beers chill for a couple days before drinking them. The longer you chill them the clearer they get, the tighter the yeast cake gets, and more importantly upwards of a week can get rid of chill haze. You can stick them in a freezer for a couple hours if it floats your canoe, but like just about everything else in brewing a little MORE patience has some benefits.

Though cold does help set the carbonation.

If you hate that little bit of yeast sediment and having to leave your beer behind, try leaving you beer in the fridge for a month or three, you can upend the bottle and not get one drop of yeast in them.....

It's not a rule, it's just a suggestion to let your beers chill for a couple days before drinking them. The longer you chill them the clearer they get, the tighter the yeast cake gets, and more importantly upwards of a week can get rid of chill haze. You can stick them in a freezer for a couple hours if it floats your canoe, but like just about everything else in brewing a little MORE patience has some benefits.

Though cold does help set the carbonation.

If you hate that little bit of yeast sediment and having to leave your beer behind, try leaving you beer in the fridge for a month or three, you can upend the bottle and not get one drop of yeast in them.....

how does leaving them in the fridge for 3 months affect the taste and body?

Back