Cool to keg to bottle to storing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farrout

Reaction score
Hey everyone

Question about bottling and aging. I always keg my beers, first I crash cool then keg and carb at serving temp. I also occasionally bottle some beers from my keg to take to parties etc. typically when I bottle from the keg I keep the bottles at serving temp.

Anyway I just brewed a pumpkin stout and plan on kegging and carbing as usual. however I want to bottle at least half of the keg and store those bottles at cellar temp. So I am concerned about Co2 with the change in temps. Will I have a problem if I keg and carb at ~45 deg, them bottle and cellar at ~58 deg?

Thanks

Nope. Just make sure your cellaring temps stay somewhat constant. You don't want them going up and down during this stage.

No problem with that. Just like allowing a keg to warm up and then take it back down to serving temp. NO problems associated with this and I do it all the time.

Back