2011 large Hop Harvest 2 days 1 Man.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaitobar

Reaction score
I forage for edible and medicinal plants for a living and was graciously offered the opportunity to pick all of these hops. Unfortunately The guy who let me pick them only knew the variety of one type, kent goldings. If any of you can identify these by sight please let me know what they are. However, that is probably nearly impossible unless your some seasoned moxee hop growing senior. They are drying on my DIY 10 Dollar 7 Tier Suspended High Capacity Drying unit.
cheers!

P9160263.jpg

P9160255.jpg

P9160254.jpg

P9160253.jpg

P9160252.jpg

P9160251.jpg

P9160250.jpg

P9160249.jpg

P9160248.jpg

P9160247.jpg

"For a living" -- as in, for food?

Not pay? Hee hee hee.

Sounds like an ideal hippie state of being, to me.

The long cones look sort of like cascades to me. Pictures alone are going to make for a tough ID.

yeah, and I live in a great place to do so, Portland. There is a huge demand for wholesome local organic produce here, that demand makes it possible for me to make a living doing what I love. I am comfortable, happy, and healthy. Not to mention both my pride and scrotom are still intact not having been severed by the big mans unrelenting grasp. If you truly take pride in what you brew I believe you would start by sourcing out the finest of ingredients.

yeah, and I live in a great place to do so, Portland. There is a huge demand for wholesome local organic produce here, that demand makes it possible for me to make a living doing what I love. I am comfortable, happy, and healthy. Not to mention both my pride and scrotom are still intact not having been severed by the big mans unrelenting grasp. If you truly take pride in what you brew I believe you would start by sourcing out the finest of ingredients.

Ah, Portlandia.

oh god, please don't mention that show... it brings shame to my birthplace.

Looks like the mayor of your beloved city embraces the show: he declared January 21 of this year "Portlandia Day." Let it be. Portland is a funny place. Like all funny places it is ripe for comedic utility.

And sometimes the man in charge doesn't speak for the masses. Armisen produces awful comedy, I have only seen the first two episodes so I don't really have much of a basis for my opinionated criticism, but I can't stand when comedy is based upon absurd down right idiotic repetition. My eyes became crimson red, my neck veins were bulging, and I was grisling my teeth (not from Portland's good pot hahaha) by the end of those episodes.

In response to the toilet. Yeah my basement has a toilet and shower, for those times when the kegerator prevents you from making it up the stairs.

Back