• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2 1/6 Barrel "sixtel" Sankey Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cscade

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
These are left over from my wedding last summer. I don't have receipts and no one will take them back. I even phoned a distributor and asked if they'd give me a few bucks each and they said no.

So, here they are! As you can see, the one on the right is essentially new. I have used one of them to keg some home brew. They were both CO2 dispensed, so you're not going to find anything creepy in there.

$100 for the pair, I'll ship them if you want but it will be expensive. I'll also drive up to 30 miles to meet you from Wooster, OH.

1.jpg

2.jpg

There's a few ways to do it. Personally, I take the spear out, clean, and then fill from a hose just like a carboy. Then put the spear back in, purge, and force carb. You need a Sankey "D" type coupler for american kegs. Removing the spear without the right tools takes some practice, but these are crazy durable.

How do you fill and carb those? Is that on this site somewhere?

If you plan on taking the spears out (which I would to inspect them, and the inside) you'll need the tool. Otherwise you can trash it, and your going to to waste a ton of time. The tool makes it really easy. To fill, get an old coupler and remove the check valve. Purge keg, and fill through the "out" port, like you would in a "closed" corny keg system.

If you plan on taking the spears out (which I would to inspect them, and the inside) you'll need the tool. Otherwise you can trash it, and your going to to waste a ton of time. The tool makes it really easy. To fill, get an old coupler and remove the check valve. Purge keg, and fill through the "out" port, like you would in a "closed" corny keg system.

Surely you jest Good Sir. I pull the spears out of my Sanke Kegs every time I fill them, I use a small screwdriver to remove the retaining ring & a pair of pliers to re-install the retaining ring. No sweat, it literally takes me 15 seconds to remove a spear. :mug:

Agreed. It's not hard really. It just takes a little practice and a sturdy small screwdriver. They can be extra annoying if they have never been opened before, but after that first time it's easy.

Surely you jest Good Sir. I pull the spears out of my Sanke Kegs every time I fill them, I use a small screwdriver to remove the retaining ring & a pair of pliers to re-install the retaining ring. No sweat, it literally takes me 15 seconds to remove a spear. :mug:

Back