quick and good recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcinpdx

Reaction score
I am bringing a brew to a party on March 13th. The beer I already brewed is not quite up to snuff (TG came out way to high due to a thermometer malfunction and subsequent too high mash rest), so I am contemplating trying to sneak in another batch. Any good recommendations on a quick pale ale or IPA? I can force carb.

The only thing I can think of is a mild (see the 10der and mild thread) with an extremely well attenuating and flocculant yeast. Maybe a hefeweizen if you like them, or a blonde ale. I think even the mild would be a bit green, but would be the best bet, especially if you stayed under 1.036 or so for the OG.

I personally know your delima, often people ask for my skills at a late notice. John Palmers recipie for Big Basin American Ale can be pulled off in 10 days. I've done it. It definately is better aged for at least a week, however if you over look that fact, it is a clean crisp ale. I used liquid WYeast 1056 with a starter > 1.035 resting for 12 hours before pitching and was ready in 5 days for condittioning. Force carbed @ 38*f @12 psi for 5 days and purged to serve @ 7 psi. Aging while force carbing @ room temp would not be recomended due to the high psi required, you will spend all day purging wile trying to serve. Good luck!

Back