DFW Group Buy #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centex99

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'll help organize this if needed... I'm starting this as a continuation new thread from the previous group buy. Let me know on the forum what you're in for and we can see how close we can get to whats needed.
Also, I'd like to pick up a few bags of most desired/needed specialties to split/share... ie 55# / 11 = 5# each... Suggest in the thread what specialties you'd be interested in in 5 or 10# increments and I'll start putting together a spreadsheet.

Sounds good if you want to keep the list up. I'm happy to order through my account at Country Malt. Some guys from the previous buy wanted the 4 gallon pack of starsan which counts as one sack, so a total order of 41 sacks would be the way to go.

Also, what specialty malts are we thinking?

Splitting sacks 11 ways is going to get pretty crazy... will need to plan a splitting party.

Everyone will need to work in the nude to make sure no one gets more than their share!

Here is the link to the catalog.

http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/downloads/2012 Champlain Updated 012112.pdf

Tealio, did you all pay the 2,000 - 4,000 lb price or the under 2,000 price? I know there was some talk in the Houston thread about having to pay the under 2,000 lb price.

I'm in for:

4 CM-2ROW
1 CM-MUNH

I would be interested in 10 lb rye, and 10lb of just about any crystal.

centex99, let me know if you need any help setting this up or running it.

Still waiting on an invoice, we received our grain last week. They promised you can mix and match and receive pricing for 2000-4000 pounds.

What crystals should we put down as a first stab...
Great Western is 76/73 cents per pound and offer: 15, 30, 40, 60 75, 120, and 150
Also, may be willing to split up a bag of wheat or two... (red and/or white)

I'd be in for:

10 lb CMC Rye
10 lb GW Crystal 15
10 lb GW Crystal 40
10 lb GW Crystal 60

How long does ungrained malt stay fresh for? How do you guys store it?

I'm in for

1 CM-2ROW
1 CM-PALE
1 CM-WHET
10 lb Caramel 60 (any kind)

I saw in the old thread that this one won't be for a couple more months. If that's so, I'll be down for 2x sacks of 2row. If it comes sooner than planned I won't be, though. Not brewing again until I finish my new system.

Edit: Would also be down for some chocolate and crystals, but don't want to get added into the mix when Im not certain I'll be participating yet.

Frogger42-From what I've heard grain will stay good for 1+years if you keep it cool and dry. I Plan on buying Home Depot Homer buckets with the oring in the lid. 2 buckets per bag.

iijakii-I think we're going to order as soon an we get a full pallet. Whether that be in 2 days or 2 months. I would think this is going to take a little while to fill up since round 1 just ended.

I started a Google spreadsheet to keep everything organized and see where we are on splits. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AiwNiI12_Wk2dEQ1MXdURFphVTJhTEdpU083ZjVXSFE&output=html

Only I can edit the spreadsheet so if you want something added post what you want and I will add it.

Also, a few guys in the round #1 buy wanted Star San but it couldn't fit on the pallet. If those guys will post here that they still want it we can add it to the round #2 pallet. If I don't hear anything from them we'll assume they don't want it anymore.

Sorry centex. Just wanted to get something that everyone could see. Plus I was bored at work.

Not sure on the exact picckup spot yet. Anyone have a loading dock and pallet Jack we could use?

Spreadsheet has been updated.

jhw_murphy has agreed to let us have the grain delivered to his place again. I believe it's in Garland. Thanks jhw_murphy.

jww,
Add the split bags onto the other list to be included in the 42 count... just use split or something as the purchaser...
Also, I'd take 10# of carapils or vienna if anyone is interested in either of those... if not, no big deal...
Also, how much difference is there between 10 and 15 crystal?

Ok thanks for the update on where it will be delivered. I cannot justify the drive unless someone else from my area is ordering and will split the cost of diesel.

I'm in for 10 lb Carapils and 10 lb Vienna. Updated the spreadsheet with your recommendations centex99. We currently need 20 bags to fill the pallet.

I'll take 10# crystal 40, 10# carapils, and 10# crystal 60 (19 bag to go).
centex99 did you get very many people from the craiglist ad?

Got your splits updated jeffbones. I also changed how I accounted for splits. We still need 20 bags plus some splits filled.

That was my craigslist ad, just threw it up since I know there are alot of brewers who frequent the craigslist.

Feel free to copy and past it and use the pic from the first buy if you want.

Not sure how many people it caught, maybe a couple.

That was my craigslist ad, just threw it up since I know there are alot of brewers who frequent the craigslist.

Feel free to copy and past it and use the pic from the first buy if you want.

Not sure how many people it caught, maybe a couple.

It caught me! HAH....and I'm in for a round 2 buy now already.

Sign me up for a sack of Maris Otter and the remaining 20lbs of Crystal 40.

Got it 40watt.

It seems from some of the other cities group buys that CMC charges a $15 hazmat fee for Starsan. This will only add $3.75 to each gallon but I thought I would let everyone know.

Latest posts

Back