Jet Burner Distance from Kettle.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

probiopc

Reaction score
Dear.

Hello, I need your help, please.
Nowadays, I have learnt about the "gas natural 32 tips jet burner" installation. It must be installed at 12 or 14 inches of distance between the burner and kettle/pot. On another hand, I had read in the forums that they say that the brew people install the bruner at 4 or 6 inches of the kettle/pot.
My doubt is sabed on the instruction manufactured it tell that requirement must be installed at minimun distance of 12 or 14 inches.
Last week I bought three "gas natural 32 tips jet burner" and I'm making the brew stand, the pots or kettles that I will use are these:

- HLT: 30 lts (thin stainless steel).
- MLT: 50 lts barrel.
- BK: 80 lts with a false botton (or double botton) (thick stainless steel)

For the three kettles/pots I bought "gas natural 32 tips jet burner"

Can you guide me wich is the distance, please?

Finally, I am looking forward your answers.

Greetings!!

bye!!

20121106_183821.jpg

20121106_183830.jpg

12 to 14 inches seems way too far away unless you are running very high pressure. I would make an adjustable height burner box and try it at various heights to see where it works the best. You can make it adjustable fairly easilly with a rack and pinion style gear that will raise and lower the burner at the twist of a knob. Once you get the optimum height you can lock it down by snugging up the bolts nice and tight. I would be willing to bet it is closer to 4-6 inches if even that far away.
Wheelchair Bob

12 to 14 inches seems way too far away unless you are running very high pressure. I would make an adjustable height burner box and try it at various heights to see where it works the best. You can make it adjustable fairly easilly with a rack and pinion style gear that will raise and lower the burner at the twist of a knob. Once you get the optimum height you can lock it down by snugging up the bolts nice and tight. I would be willing to bet it is closer to 4-6 inches if even that far away.
Wheelchair Bob

thanks!! I think, how? XD

Back