Another Mash Tun Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look good! Just one suggestion. You might want to replace the zip ties with SS hose clamps.

haze

Thanks! i wanted to do stainless steel clamps and almost did. i saw some pictures of SS clamps (probably from home depot) that rusted out pretty quickly in a MLT, so decided to go the wire tie route. could this potentially cause off flavors?

Everyone has their opinion but I am real glad that I switched from the braid to a copper manifold.

Thanks! i wanted to do stainless steel clamps and almost did. i saw some pictures of SS clamps (probably from home depot) that rusted out pretty quickly in a MLT, so decided to go the wire tie route. could this potentially cause off flavors?

If they rusted (especially that quickly) then chances are they weren't stainless to begin with. My guess is someone in one of those big box stores just threw regular old clamps back into the stainless bunch after deciding he or she didn't need or want them. I've had stainless clamps on mine for at least 15 batches or more and have had zero rusting issues.

Back