My log book pages

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Finally I got them posted on the web.

For a while now I have been working on my own brewing web-portal BrauKaiser.com. The idea is not to be a competition to HBTs wiki, though it contains most of the wiki articles that I have written, but to be a place where I have abilities that I couldn't get here. In particular the hosting of documents.

Enjoy,
Kai

I'd love to see the log - maybe in a pdf? the gifs on your site are a bit too small to read. I also have a (much simpler) log - and feel like I"m missing something...

edit: doh! I see the metric version at the bottom, pdf. I'll wait with baited breath for the US units version (as a dumb american...)

edit again...ok, I could use that as/is...just convert the units my own darn self. But wow - I'm not that advanced, you track EVERYTHING!! wow!

I'll stick to my little one-sheet brewlog for now...until I start to learn more...thanks much though!

tranceamerica said:
you track EVERYTHING!! wow!

There are a lot of fields that I don't fill out weither. pH for all the mash rests for example. I measure once, maby twice if I had to correct it, but that's it. I have also gotten lazy drawing the mash diagrams. As long as I have the mash comments with the time and temps I'm fine.

I do like the fermetation log a lot since I just have to make a dot where I would before note the date and write down temp and gravity in case I took a gravity sample.

I may want to enhance the tasting section and add some check-boxes and scales there. This would make it easier to express how good or bad certain aspects are.

Kai

I also just noticed that US units don't work so well with just one scale on the fermentation page:

SG: 1.000 - 1.100 desired
pH: 3.00 - 6.00 desired
temp 30 - 80 desired

Tough to fit that on one scale like it worked with the metric units:

extract: 0 - 20 Plato
ph 3 - 6
temp 0 - 20 C

Yet another reasong to convert ;)

I'll have to find a way of fixing that.

Kai

Back