Labels for House Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheJadedDog

AFK ATM
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about these labels (or the names) for my two house brews. What do you guys think?

Assassin's Brew.jpg

Underground Ale.jpg

I like the names, but I would love them more if I knew what type of brew they were and the circumstances to them being named as such...

Sorry for being such a pain, but you asked!

:cross:

I agree with Spyk'd. An explanation or image that correlated with the name would be good.

There must be some distinction between the two. There are many types of browns...light, dark, north English, South English, American, nut brown....

Maybe focus on the ingredients to settle on style?

Maybe I'm thinking about this way too much?

:drunk:

I think style should be on the label for all commercial brews, but when it comes to homebrew most people label just because they have nice designs and names. Also helps to distinguish what brew is in what bottle. Style of beer does not seem neccesary for this purpose.

joshpooh said:
I think style should be on the label for all commercial brews, but when it comes to homebrew most people label just because they have nice designs and names. Also helps to distinguish what brew is in what bottle. Style of beer does not seem neccesary for this purpose.
So, out of these two labels which bottle would you choose...and why? :confused:

I think they are both the same brew...:D

Back