single tier brewstand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allgrainpa

Reaction score
About to start building single teir brewstand after lonnie macs design and wanted to know everyone thought about SS versus plain black metal tubing.

Black metal square tubing is much cheaper but didnt know if is has the durability of SS. In addition what thickness of steel tubing does everyone else recommend to build with. Dont want stand to weight a hundred pounds but be sturdy to hold 3 15 gallon kettles also.

thanks for everyone thoughts and input in advance

I built my single tier brewstand with 1.5" square 1/8th wall steel tubing. The 1/8th wall is overkill and weighs a ton. If I were to build a new stand, I would use 1/16th wall instead. This tubing is heavy duty, I have no concerns about durability.

9q8x90.jpg

You don't need stainless, its not more durable just looks more pretty. Mild steel is fine. Most of the stands here are way stronger than they need to be.

I am in the process of building my single tier system. I went with 1 1/4" 11g stainless. I am very happy with making the decision to go with ss. By the time you spend money on paint and prep-time you will not have that much of an added cost.

Back