Hop Hog IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swervo Maneuver

Reaction score
Anybody tried this one?

I saw it and jumped all over it; I'd gone into the beerery looking for an IPA that would more or less rip my face off.

I brought it home and it tasted like grass. Not cannabis, mind you. Somebody's freaking lawn.

I wondered if anybody had experienced a lawn-like flavor in an overhopped home recipe.

I was so disappointed. I haven't had time to brew in months. Very vew beers will do anymore. Why doesn't anybody out there clone my IPA?

enough of my whining already.

ORRELSE and I were just talking about this. I've had it on tap before, and thought it was great.

I got a couple bottles of it, and it has an odd twang that is nasty. I described it as "rotten orange juice", and ORRELSE agreed. But "grassy" might be apt. Have you ever smelled lawn clippings that sat in a garbage bag for too long, and went rotten? That's about what that flavor is like.

I'm really hoping these are just mistreated bottles, because it tasted just fine to me, on tap.

Back