I am RUINED

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyo220

Reaction score
Its 10 degrees, snowing, wind is blowing about 30 mph here in Casper Wyoming, so I decided today is a great brew day. I am doing my first partial mash, following deathbrewers guide lines. It is a brown ale clone. I am ruined because the smell of those grains steeping is awsome. I know now that ag is going to be in my future very soon. It has gone very well, ecxcept for my stove being so slow to boil 3 gal. I will be buying a propane burner for the next batch. Thanks to all those here who share their knowlage, experiences, and opinions so freeley. With out all of you I would be lost.
Kyle

Its 10 degrees, snowing, wind is blowing about 30 mph here in Casper Wyoming, so I decided today is a great brew day. I am doing my first partial mash, following deathbrewers guide lines. It is a brown ale clone. I am ruined because the smell of those grains steeping is awsome. I know now that ag is going to be in my future very soon. It has gone very well, ecxcept for my stove being so slow to boil 3 gal. I will be buying a propane burner for the next batch. Thanks to all those here who share their knowlage, experiences, and opinions so freeley. With out all of you I would be lost.
Kyle

I got Ruined a long time ago. Welcome to the club! :rockin:

Ruined as well. Every day I have off work and have an empty fermenter, I brew. That is, as long as the SWIMBO isn't home....

My SWMBO likes the smell of hops in the boil and my little boy (9 months)likes to watch the pot bubble, so I am good on that front.

Hey Casper Brewer...I'm a Casper Brewer as well. Actually today it's about 15 degrees outside. Not brewing today (that was the last three weekends so now I'm enjoying football and a very nice pale from an earlier cold weekend)
I've been doing AG for the past several months and am enjoying it greatly! For a burner I just picked up a turkey fryer ay out local Menards (about $69.00) and it work fantastically!!!
Should check out our new Casper HB club!
Enjoy, relax, watch a good game and of course, have a home brew.

Be glad your SWMBO likes the smell! I was sorting my hops for my IPA I brewed today inside at my bar and the wifey made sure to let me know "those hops smell", "delicious" was my response.. her face read other wise. But I love her, She bought me a 7ft cubic freezer the other month for a ferm chamber. So I can care less if she likes the smell, I don't mind brewing outside. =oP

I too am ruined, steeping grains and citrusy tastey hops.. its my houses new airfreshner 2x a week.

A tip btw I have found that the propane burner on my grill gives more btus thatn my stove.. and can super speed up mash times

If I lived out there in Wyoming where it gets so cold, I would be looking at one of the electric brew pot conversions.

Something about heating water for the mash tun and boiling wort outside on a propane burner in sub zero weather with the wind blowing that doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

dadshomebrewing said:
I think the theme song of this forum should be "another one bites the dust"

Or maybe "welcome to my nightmare"

Great songs and not bad choices but I think Tom T. Hall's classic I like beer might be better.

I like beer
It makes me a jolly good fellow
I like beer
It helps me unwind, and sometimes it makes me feel mellow

I could go on but if you don't know the song you should Google it

That's what I'm talking about! Now that's a theme song.
It's also a ring tone for one of my buddies that I help stay on the ragged edge of being in trouble at home.

Back