I really, really love my wife!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThickHead

Reaction score
I just experienced one of those rare moments of cognizance, which I felt I needed to share. Since I am sitting alone (supposedly working at my desk, but actually lurking on HBT), with no one nearby with which to share, I decided to share it here.

Over the years I have learned a great many things about relationships. Most importantly, I have learned to admire (and understand) what a huge impact the “small things” tend to have when it comes to love, respect, trust, and even humor within a relationship.

As many of you may know, from some of my previous posts, my wife is from Indonesia. So English is a second language for her. And while her fluency in the English language is very good, there are still some levels of the usage of slang, under certain conditions, that create (in my mind) some absolutely adorably humorous events. One such event just completely, and utterly, erased a bit of frustration (which was causing me to stew a bit) that I had at that moment with a certain tendency my wife has when borrowing some of my (work) things. The event sort of went like this…

Me: (while lying on the bed, thinking) “Sayang (equivalent to “Baby” or “Dear” and the like), where is my thumb-drive? I needed it at work today and couldn’t find it in my bag. Didn’t you borrow it to transfer some photos yesterday?”

Wife: “I have it. It’s in my bag.”

Interlude: My wife often borrows various items from my work backpack. As I typically travel for work, like I am at this time, my work backpack is my travelling office and it is often critical that I have the things I need to support my efforts. I don’t, in the least bit, mind that she borrows any item I (we) own. However, she has a tendency (which is a polite description) to not return the items she borrows to where they belong. Which means it is not a rare event for me to scramble to find alternatives at inopportune moments, as a result.

Me: (With a stern look and serious tone) “Sayang, I really need your help to return the things you borrow from my backpack so that I have the things I need for work, when I need them. I have been caught unprepared for circumstances on several occasions because I believe I have items that end up missing because you forget to return them. One of these days I am going to be without something I need, on a critical occasion with a client, and because you forgot to return what I need, I will be screwed.”

Wife: (Crosses the room from the wardrobe where she is dressing after a shower, lays on top of me, kisses me softly on the forehead with a somber face) “Baby, I’m so sorry to make you screw.”

In an instant I am disarmed, half in tears from laughter, and internalizing, to an even greater extent, my love for this crazy woman!

DSC_00112.JPG

Anyway….I had to share. Thanks for listening.

Wait, there was a story??

Just kidding. That was sweet. Helps take my mind off the little spat we had last night. (Which NEVER happens). I guess it's bound to happen once in a while. WE even joked about it being time this year for our fight.

Bwahahahahah.

Brother, I have been married to a Malay muslim woman now for 13 year and let me tell you, they know,

they know

they just use their "foreign handicap" to get out of tense situations, and when that is done, they mock you,

mock you I say

god bless this woman I call my wife. She is the sweetest, most spiteful, stunningly attractive, most beligerant, petite yet most conniving, creature ever given the power to bear a child.

And THAT is when you are really screwed, she give you not 1 but 2 or more wonderful boys.

The only hope left for you, if it's not already too late, is to stay far, far, away from the Black Nasi Pantat. Feed it to the dog when she's not looking and pray she's wearing long pants that day.

More specifically, "Black ***** Rice".

It's an old Malay/Indo voodo thing. The make the bowl of steaming black sticky rice and then waggle their bare taco within the steam. Then feed it to you.

It's meant to mesmerize the embiber and make him the preparers pet. A sort of Love Potion No 9.

True story.

It's an old Malay/Indo voodo thing. The make the bowl of steaming black sticky rice and then waggle their bare taco within the steam. Then feed it to you.

It's meant to mesmerize the embiber and make him the preparers pet. A sort of Love Potion No 9.

True story.

I will have to find a polite way of asking if my wife is privy to such techniques. In the meantime, I will be consulting my local Silat master for proper defense. :mug:

I will have to find a polite way of asking if my wife is privy to such techniques. In the meantime, I will be consulting my local Silat master for proper defense. :mug:

The only proper defense,

order out.

Often.

I forget. Is your SWMBO Muslima? Is she of the typical Malay/Indo superstitious persuasion?

Ever served you the black rice?

I forget. Is your SWMBO Muslima? Is she of the typical Malay/Indo superstitious persuasion?

She is Muslim. However, she is not "typical" in that she does not (at all) carry with her those sort of old-school (as I consider it) traditional superstitions. Although her sister's husband absolutely does, so I am very familiar with that "persuasion," as you say.

Ever served you the black rice?

Never. I just asked her if she ever heard of it and she had no idea what I was talking about. She had to read through the entire thread to get an idea of how it came up, for context. She is still laughing about it...I'm nervous (just kidding).

True story.

Are you ever sorry you asked something? I am. But not over this, this is great.

Are you ever sorry you asked something? I am. But not over this, this is great.

You know that phrase? "Hell hath no fury..."

It's to do with that Malay/Indo Muslima thing I mentioned earlier.

You see, the headcoverings weren't mandated for piety at all. It was to protect the general population from those head exploding stares. And that whole 10 paces behind the man thing, any Muslima can explain that in two words.

Land Mines.

Back