Advice on kegging setup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeydan

Reaction score
Howdy y'all

As I am apparently excellent at my job, I will be given some extra cash in my pay this month. I am considering buying a couple of corny kegs but not sure whether it's worth it in light of the equipment I have at my disposal. Hoping for some advice...

There is a 'spare' fridge in my flat big enough for 2 corny kegs but not for the gas, regulator, etc. As I live in rented accommodation, I will NOT be able to drill through the fridge for the gas line, etc.

Is there any way I can set up a kegging system without being able to keep the kegs cold AND pressurised at the same time? Basically it seems I have a choice of one or the other. Can I carbonate at room temp and then take it off the gas to refrigerate? Would there be enough residual pressure to actually serve the beer?

Basically is there any way I can make this work with my current arrangements?

PS I don't want to end up with an additional fridge / freezer / whatever as I just bought one to use as a fermentation chamber and this means there are already 3 fridges in the flat.

Help please!

The easiest way for your situation would be to get a one tap system. With two kegs and a co2 tank. You can have one keg naturally carbonating with priming sugar outside of the fridge and the one serving from inside the fridge. You can put the C02 tank inside the fridge being that there is only one keg inside.

I have ordered two kegging set ups from the link below, they do a really good job and have cheap shipping. Something like this is what I would get if I were you, just with an extra keg.

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=511

Ha! I'm such a ******, I didn't even think of that :)

Well played, I think this is exactly what I'm gonna do. Thanks!

There are no ******'s here, I did not realize you where from the UK. That link I provided probably does not apply to you then.

Link doesn't apply but I had my eye on a similar package at an online HBS over here. Just happens to cost about twice as much...

Cheers dude.

Back