4912 substitutes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NateKerx

Reaction score
bottling is getting to me and i'm starting to think more and more seriously about taking the plunge and kegging. I know everyone loves the 4912, but there so so many other brands of medium sized fridges on craigslist for less than half the price. I'm wondering how many people here have converted a fridge with a freezer by using some sort of collar or by another method.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/fur/435151666.html

this is the kind of thing i've been coming across, any hope for fridges like these??

I could not find anything that would fit my needs: two kegs and CO2 cylinder inside. After searching and searching I finally broke down and bought a 4912, and I love it! There are some fridges if you can find them like the Sylvania SE80106-2 and Danby DAR452BL. You need something that is least 4.5 cu ft and has no freezer compartment, so I don't think the one you have pictured will work. I’m sure there are other alternatives brewers know about, just keep looking.

I've seen a lot of full size fridges for sale on craigslist for 50-100 bucks, so I think that's what I"ll be getting. It'll have room for 2 or more kegs and my 20lb co2 tank and a freezer for my hops to boot!

Back