3726 Farmhouse Temperature

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richwerth

Reaction score
Temperature question.

Sorry I don't know what temp I pitched at because I was lazy on this one and didn't research this yeast before I tried it. Have to guess it was around 75.

It seems to be stalled now. It started out quicker than any other yeast I've used and it lastd for may be 24 hours in a room at about 70.

After doing some research I put a space heater in the room and gave it a sanitized stir to wake em up. I'm trying to keep the temp above 80 in hopes that I won't have to wait too long, a month plus, for the primary.

Any tips for this strain?

Temperature question.

Sorry I don't know what temp I pitched at because I was lazy on this one and didn't research this yeast before I tried it. Have to guess it was around 75.

It seems to be stalled now. It started out quicker than any other yeast I've used and it lastd for may be 24 hours in a room at about 70.

After doing some research I put a space heater in the room and gave it a sanitized stir to wake em up. I'm trying to keep the temp above 80 in hopes that I won't have to wait too long, a month plus, for the primary.

Any tips for this strain?

Sorry, I don't have a tip other than what you've just mentioned (or using a brew belt?)...but I was curious about your recipe. I've got a package of this stuff and wanted to use it but I don't have a recipe to put it in! Mind if I ask for what you did?

Sorry, I don't have a tip other than what you've just mentioned (or using a brew belt?)...but I was curious about your recipe. I've got a package of this stuff and wanted to use it but I don't have a recipe to put it in! Mind if I ask for what you did?

I ended up putting it in a closet with a space heater that has a temperature setting on it. It seemed to do the trick.

I am following a simple kit from Northern Brewer....Saison de Noel

Back