Apple-Grape Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landhoney

Reaction score
I pressed some apples(frozen then thawed) in our wine press at work. The juice was pressed through 3-4 different pressings of grape skins from fermented red wine that had been pressed previously. The juice has a mix between apple and grape flavors with a nice tannic finish from the grape skins. I have no idea how it will turn out, but its fermenting now and I'll let you all know how it turns out.

landhoney said:
I pressed some apples(frozen then thawed) in our wine press at work. The juice was pressed through 3-4 different pressings of grape skins from fermented red wine that had been pressed previously. The juice has a mix between apple and grape flavors with a nice tannic finish from the grape skins. I have no idea how it will turn out, but its fermenting now and I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Sounds cool! Please post any info, pictures or thoughts you come up with on this... I'm making a Apple, Kiwi, Strawberry cider which also has grapes in it. I have NO idea how it will come out.

Is it a science or is it art? :D

How did this turn out?

I just bought a gallon each of Apple Juice, Apple and Blackcurrant Juice, and Grape Juice because there was a special. Cannot think of a good reason not to combine them into a 3gal batch. Since it will probably lack tannin, and I don't have any tannin, it will probably end up dry and tart so I'll backsweeten.

Back