I need a real Irishman for a real Irish insult.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madcapstudios

Reaction score
I'm brewing up a batch of stout and Irish red for the upcoming St Pats party season.

On my label I want to add a slogan like "Stout - because green beer is for wankers."

However, it occurred to me that "wanker" is more of an English insult rather than an Irish one.

Is there anyone out there from Ireland or having spent time there who can provide an appropriate Irish insult that fits into that same slogan?

Thanks in advance.

Lightweight. Never insult an irishman's drinking ability.

I may not be a real irishman but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night.

the biggest insult to an Irishman is to always refer to him as a Scott.

Yeah, I have a friend who insists this is true. The "Ulster Scots" are probably the source of her contention, even though they're only about 10% of the US Irish population.

Watch Boondock Saints and use whatever they do.

Southy wannabees and all that ****e but still, it's closer than ya bloody bastard!

I would use "wankers" because it'd be like the irish saying green beer is for the English.

the biggest insult to an Irishman is to always refer to him as a Scott.

photo-10.jpg

On my label I want to add a slogan like "Stout - because green beer is for wankers."

However, it occurred to me that "wanker" is more of an English insult rather than an Irish one.
How about a tribute to the legendary Roy Keane - "You can stick your green beer up your bollocks".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Roy_Keane_incident

...though from that, it appears he also uses the word "wanker".

The guy's a legend. And quite an angry man in general, as this round up of his top ten rants suggests.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2006/aug/24/sport.comment

Free Stater
(British sympathiser)

Bid móin 7 mothar a feranna-som co bráth.
(May your land be bog and covered in thickets)

Gura féis ic faelaib do chorp!
May your body be a feast for wolves!

Fognad dúib ág is ernbas!
(Go die a painful death)

Goirde shaogail duit abhus 7 ifrenn thall!
(Die soon and go to hell)

Mallacht a gaiscid fair!
(May your weapon fail)

Dá n-ó pill fort!
(May you have horse ears)

Go gcuire sé buinneach ort
Gur é a chuire sciodar ort
Go gcuire sé sciodar buinní ort
(All of the above are different ways of wishing a bad dose of diarrhoea on someone.)

Go mbí do chaolán amuigh agat
(May you intestines hang out (of your anus)

Go mbí scian id shúilibh is dealg úcaire id thóin thiar
(A knife in you eye and a thorny fishspike in you anus)

Míola id chraiceann is gearb ar do ghabhal
(Lice on you skin and scabs on your crotch)

Nár éirí sé dhuit
(May you not be able to achieve an erection.)

Genuine Irish man here.

The first slogan that pops to mind when you mention green beer is

"Stout....because green beer is for American tourists", but then I realised I'm insulting the wrong demographic, but it'd be appreciated over here for what it is ;)

"Stout....because green beer is for Amadáns." would be an alright one, where Amadán is the Irish word for fool, it's a polite enough insult too, your granny might call you an Amadán for example, but you'd not hear it in a pub.

"stout.....because green beer is for Bollixes" would be kinda Dublincentric.

Eoin

Back