chunky wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootay

Reaction score
I have a chardonnay in a carboy. Fermentation is complete, and i believe the last thing i did was add clarifying agents that came with the kit. Things have been kind of hectic and i havent been able to pay close attention to it. Anyways, i checked it today and there are a bunch of white chunks floating around in it. These chunks look like the sediment at the bottom and im guessing they broke free during the 2 hour car trip during my recent move. I'll get a picture on here soon, but does that sound right or do i have an infection? The wine smells fine. my plan from here was to transfer to another carboy, add some pot meta and age it for another few months before bottling. thoughts?

I have a chardonnay in a carboy. Fermentation is complete, and i believe the last thing i did was add clarifying agents that came with the kit. Things have been kind of hectic and i havent been able to pay close attention to it. Anyways, i checked it today and there are a bunch of white chunks floating around in it. These chunks look like the sediment at the bottom and im guessing they broke free during the 2 hour car trip during my recent move. I'll get a picture on here soon, but does that sound right or do i have an infection? The wine smells fine. my plan from here was to transfer to another carboy, add some pot meta and age it for another few months before bottling. thoughts?

Your plan sounds fine. Make sure it's topped up (use commercial wine if you have to instead of water) and just wait it out.

Back