Bottle carbing question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OofC_Zer0

Reaction score
So I bottled my Holiday IPA last Saturday. Through in the priming sugar as usual. Drove to Cincinnati last night and left it in the car :-/ pulled the cases out this morning and brought inside. My question is, since it got so cold would the yeast have died or just took a nap and now wake back up since the temperature has risen. And if it did stop is there anyway to reactivate? Thanks in advance!

Yeasties are just sleeping...bring them in, warm them up, maybe give each bottle a light shake, they will get right back to work.

I always advise to wear safety glasses when handling conditioning beer bottles....bottle bombs do happen and can be very dangerous.

Yeah, I had a case of 22oz RISs that unknown to me a few of them exploded while I was at work. Smelled something funny then noticed some broken bottles. I will give them all a gentle roll and hopefully all will be well. Thanks for the input!

Latest posts

Back