killing the growler of DGA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So.... I went to the store to buy "something different" ended up w/ a growler of Dead Guy Ale, I had never had it before. Not the best brew out there, But a good one, it has a very big malt nose and a fairly thin body, but good flavor the finish is HO-HUM. Good enough that I know I will buy it again. I "will" look for a good clone. anyone got any ideas?
Cheers
Ya It did kick my A$$!!! 1/2 gallon of DGA after a few home brewed stouts is enough to just about lay anybody out.:tank:
Cheers
JJ

I've found it varies and tastes a bit hoppier on tap. The growler looks totally awesome and one of the ones I have glows in the dark. How much did you pay? In Oregon last year it was $10 but now it's up to $12 wherever I look :(.

How fair is that? You get it for $11 a growler, where here it's $9 a sixer.

Well, at least you can buy it where you live! It's my husband's favorite "go-to" beer, but it's not available here. That's why I made a clone for it- so he can have it when we're not traveling.

It's a decent beer, like Jaybird said. I like it, too, but being the Hophead that I am, it feels like it's missing something (like hops!).

I would love to buy a glow-in-the-dark growler of it- that is really cool, and then I could refill it with my clone and take it out to the cottage.

Well, at least you can buy it where you live! It's my husband's favorite "go-to" beer, but it's not available here. That's why I made a clone for it- so he can have it when we're not traveling.

It's a decent beer, like Jaybird said. I like it, too, but being the Hophead that I am, it feels like it's missing something (like hops!).

I would love to buy a glow-in-the-dark growler of it- that is really cool, and then I could refill it with my clone and take it out to the cottage.

I am more than willing to ship you one, If you like. Full or empty, dosent matter to me.;)

JJ

I just had a growler over the weekend, hmmmm I do agree, it does seem a little under hopped. But either why I still like it. If I remember it was like $13 here in the DC area, but everything here is overpriced with our artifically inflated economy...fml

So.... I went to the store to buy "something different" ended up w/ a growler of Dead Guy Ale, I had never had it before. Not the best brew out there, But a good one, it has a very big malt nose and a fairly thin body, but good flavor the finish is HO-HUM. Good enough that I know I will buy it again. I "will" look for a good clone. anyone got any ideas?
Cheers
Ya It did kick my A$$!!! 1/2 gallon of DGA after a few home brewed stouts is enough to just about lay anybody out.:tank:
Cheers
JJ

i saw on AHS they had a clone kit of it...haven't brewed it yet, so i cant tell you how close it is to the real stuff.

I am more than willing to ship you one, If you like. Full or empty, dosent matter to me.;)

JJ

Hey- I just saw this. Are you kidding, or serious? If you're serious, I will definitely go for it! (Let me know how much the cost is- shipping would probably be $15 or so, I'd guess.)

Back