How you store your brew equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Straight6TT

Reaction score
I need to figure out how to better store my brewing equipment. I have very limited space in my one car garage and too often I find myself throwing everything in my mash tun and just moving buckets around when they are inevitably in the way. I would love to see some pictures of some OCD brewers out their that have their equipment neatly put away on the wall for maximum space savings.

I dont have a brew rig or anything like that, just 3 buckets, 10 gal mash tun, wort chiller, brew pot and essential brewing hoses, paddles, etc.

I got one of these guys:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00158731/

It fits two better bottles or 6 gallon buckets in the top, and has two big drawers inthe bottom. I keep pretty much everything but my kettle in there, and it doesn't look terrible.

That's pretty sharp there, Mal! Lookin' good! :mug:

I used bookshelves, one with rubbermaid totes to organize everything, the other is for empty bottles. My carboys are just on the floor, with a bit of star san and capped with foil. Empty kegs and mash tun too. Buckets go on top of the shelves, upside down. Anything that needs refridge or freezing, goes in the fridge right next to the shelves. This is in a very small corner of my basement.

I've got my brewing equipment stored in a couple different places throughout the house. I've got some shelving that I keep some rubber maid bins full of the small stuff stored in. I just put in a new rack though for the garage that'll help keep stuff more out of the way when I'm not using it. It's one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009I8AO6/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Now I can put the keggle, mash tun, and propane burner on there and get it out of the way so I'm not tripping over it all the damn time. It's a 4x4 square of space, so you can put a decent amount of stuff in there. Lowering it and unloading it when I want to use it is pretty simple, and you can raise it back up pretty quickly to get back to brewing.

Last edited by a moderator:
i got mine mostly in the bedroom kinda sends a message as to whos the most important the brew equipment or the ol' lady:)

GD51:mug:

Back