Water Manifold Help??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwAMi75

Reaction score
I saw one of these on a homebrewer's website a while back. I bookmarked it, but that computer has since taken a dump, and I can't seem to find it now.

It was basically three ball valves connected to a pipe. The pipe was connected to one water source, i.e. a garden hose. It was a very ingenious design, but I can't seem to remember how it was put together. It looked like something a guy could easily put together using parts form Lowes.

What I'm looking to do is use one water input to route water to:

1) A filter, to route into my MLT and HLT
2) My pump/CFC, come cooling time (no need to run the water through a filter)
3) A plain hose with nozzle for general cleaning

Anyone seen what I'm talking about?

I'm guessing you could make something fairly cheap. Ball valves are only a couple bucks each, and you would need three, plus some fittings. Was it a couple tees fitted together with valves off of each?

Do you mean something like this?

046878580848_3.jpg

David/Monster Mash......I assuming what MM posted is what you were talking about, David? It might work, but are the internals all brass, or plastic? I'm wanting something that I can mount to my (future) brewstand, and that will hold up well over time. Plus, I'd like to have a good amount of control over the flow.

Brewsmith....yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I can probably figure it out when I get the time. I just remember seeing one on some brewer's website, but I can't find it now.

SwAMi75 said:
I saw one of these on a homebrewer's website a while back. I bookmarked it, but that computer has since taken a dump, and I can't seem to find it now.
Was it something like this?

Looks like a great idea to me.

Wild

Yeah, I'd seen something along those lines before, but I had forgotten the actual mixture. If I've got the $$, I'll probably just use SS.

Back