Sons Of ANARCHY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
discovered this yesterday on netflix streaming. LOVE IT!

Almost done with season 1 lol.

Only complaint is that during gigantic shootouts, no one gets shot.

(AZ patch-over gigantic shoot out with mayans, they outflank the mayans and are blasting 2 fisted practically point blank, everyone rides away)

I am sure that when I finish what is on netflix I will be likewise pissed. Right now I am great! lol.

All of the epic shows seem to have taken on this now you see it now you don't schedule.

I would like to think that it is so that they can put more than 1 week of production into each episode, but my guess is that it is more of an intentioonal "keep them wanting more" mind f*ck.;)

yeah it always starts in the fall. my buddy and i plan our drinking nights around it. it should be on hulu when it comes out, i'm pretty sure all the fx shows are.

Love this show. The problem is Netflix only has the first 3 seasons and there are 4. I won't purchase TV shows on DVD so I am waiting for Netflix to start or FX to replay it.

Netflix has allowed me to discover a couple of really good shows I had never watched. Breaking Bad is the best show on TV if you ask me. Knocked out all 4 seasons in about 2 weeks. Can't wait for the final season!

One of my favorite shows.

You know that from the beginning the writers set the storyline up to be a modern retelling of the myth of Oedipus, don't you? That plot has finally come to a head with the most recent season, especially the last episode.

I actually grew up with older cousins who were 1%ers, and one of their member's houses was around the corner. (In my family most of my first cousins are 15-20 years older than me, their kids, my second cousins are all my age.) And we kids all played with each other. So I got to see a little of the "familial" aspects of life in a club (though none of the criminal activity or any of that part of the "life.") It was more like seeing of a bunch of folks in Colors wearing silly hats at a kid's birthday party kinda thing. So I really like that the show portrays all aspects of it, not just the drugs and violence and stuff. But you get to see the "daily life" of Gemma and the family aspect of the life.

Love this show. The problem is Netflix only has the first 3 seasons and there are 4. I won't purchase TV shows on DVD so I am waiting for Netflix to start or FX to replay it.

Netflix has allowed me to discover a couple of really good shows I had never watched. Breaking Bad is the best show on TV if you ask me. Knocked out all 4 seasons in about 2 weeks. Can't wait for the final season!

The Walking Dead is my best ever show. I love breaking bad though.

One of my favorite shows.

You know that from the beginning the writers set the storyline up to be a modern retelling of the myth of Oedipus, don't you? That plot has finally come to a head with the most recent season, especially the last episode.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand ruined. ;)

OK, other than the whole "Mother....I want to" (Jim Morrison) thing that revvy just threw up on us, I have 1 more complaint.

Tara, while admittedly hot, gets this look that I can only describe as "brain dead baby deer in the headlights".

It happens a few times an episode. I mean, I feel bad for the mentally challenged, but really? For the main love interest? (I mean other than his freaking MOM BLECH!!!!!!!!!!)

Dude, it's the OTHER part of the Oedipus myth SOA is about, not mommy love, but son defeating the father...It's also influenced by Hamlet as well.

SOA’s writers trick viewers into learning Shakespeare. SOA's creator, Kurt Sutter, has said, “I don't want to overplay that but it's there. It's not a version of Hamlet but it's definitely influenced by it.” Clay (Ron Perlman) is based on the role of King Claudius, who murdered his own brother (Hamlet’s father) to win the throne and marry Queen Gertrude (Hamlet’s mother). Clay marries Gemma (Katey Sagal), the Gertrude figure, and gains control of The Sons of Anarchy, which her dead husband used to run. Jax is Hamlet. His confusion over the SOA lifestyle is like Hamlet's melancholy about the kingdom. While Jax communicates with his father by reading his journal, Hamlet literally speaks with the ghost of his father. Ron Perlman said in an interview, “I'm sure they’re going to stick to the structure of Hamlet all the way to the end” of the series.

OH!!!!!
Thank GOD!!

Thanks! I guess the kisses on the mouth between Jacks and Jemma seem a little off. Maybe set me up to assume!

Thanks.

Any movie or show you see, just think, what Bible, Greek, Roman or English Lit story is this. There's a good chance it's one.

I'm a quarter of the way through Season 3 on Netflix and really lost my motivation to watch the show. The plot line with the Irish and Jax's son Able is beyond boring to me at this point...I really liked it better when Sam Crow was up against the white supremacists. I've found myself skipping any scenes between Jax and his girlfriend doctor - is it just me or do they spend way too much freaking time hanging out at the hospital?

I'm a quarter of the way through Season 3 on Netflix and really lost my motivation to watch the show. The plot line with the Irish and Jax's son Able is beyond boring to me at this point...I really liked it better when Sam Crow was up against the white supremacists. I've found myself skipping any scenes between Jax and his girlfriend doctor - is it just me or do they spend way too much freaking time hanging out at the hospital?

Yeah that was a low point of the series. But bear with it. Season 4 makes up for it, and this season is shaping up to be pretty awesome.

WHAT THE FU(K NETFLIX????????

I have to stay 3 seasons behind?????WHAT???

Season 4 came out like a month ago for the luddites that buy dvd's. For the rest of us, LET US STREAM!!

So our folks not into this new season? Noone's talking about it.

I just watched Episode 4 “Stolen Huffy” and I think it's one of the best episodes of the entire 5 year run.

You're really starting to see Hamlet/Jax coming into his own as king, making global moves for the club.....But you're also seeing how "Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown."

Powerful episode.

I don't really watch it anymore. Been into the Breaking Bad series lately.

Sticking to Netflix revvy, I don't want to skip 2-3 seasons and start watching the new ones. I am definitely down for watching them after I fill the gaps.

Breaking Bad is WAY better ;)

I started watching Breaking Bad (that reminds me I need to check for new episodes), and still watching SOA. I still like it, but Gemma is really starting to annoy me. I wish she'd just learn to STFU once in a while.

Beer_is_good_for_you said:
I started watching Breaking Bad (that reminds me I need to check for new episodes), and still watching SOA. I still like it, but Gemma is really starting to annoy me. I wish she'd just learn to STFU once in a while.

seriously. Battlestar Galactica is the best show ever to come about. unfracking believable.

forget scifi it is the star wars for this generation.

that said, Breaking Bad is fantastic, sons of Anarchy is entertaining, but battlestar Galactica is epic.

Absolutely love this show.

The new season is shaping up pretty nicely, only a few episodes in and it's already intense.

In the last episode (not a spoiler) Jax got on his bike and while starting it was down shifting, looked like from 4th or 5th. Maybe he was just confirming he was in 1st. If not, that's quite the faux pas in a biker flick.

I tried to watch but just couldn't get into it. I think the vast majority of "bikers" (aka posers) now who ride around and try to portray an image of exactly what they are not pretty much ruined it for me. I always chuckle though when I see a convoy of accountants and doctors riding their hogs down the road trying as hard as they can to look like badasses, and failing hard.

End of season 3 was EPIC.

4 or so into season 4 and Meh.

I don't think that The sons would boot whatsisname because he is 1/2 black or whatever.

Doesn't seem to justify all the drama and stealing coke etc.

Latest posts

Back