WTT: Saint Arnold Divine Reserve 12

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AggieBrandon

Reaction score
I would like to trade DR12 for other DR series, especially a DR9 or Pumpkinator. May be interested in others.

im disgusted by this company and all the hype that surrounds it's "limited" releases, why can't they make enough to supply the demand for real beer drinkers instead of ratcheting up this mania that ensures only those willing to fight crosstown traffic, endless lines and all kinds of buffoonery will get to have any? (I know the answer, HYPE +more short term sales), people just outside reasonable driving distance from Houston have no problem getting it, but the average beer lover will have little chance
I've still got a 9 I don't really need, pumpkinator was definitely an improvement and alas, nearly impossible to get a hold of
sick of St. Arnold's tactics

I don't think a large quantity makes it out of Houston, I just think there is very little demand for those beers outside of Houston so it seems easier to get outside of H-town. I'm sure the local shops here in FTW and Dallas as well as Austin are sold out.

Saint Arnolds!

I love those guys and I only met them once...

I live in VA, visited their brewery one night (old location... I thought they were a BP).

They had a private function going on but they let me come in let me have beer, spoke to me for a long while.

Then took me to a pub called the Petrol Station after the function was over (Old gas station, now beer bar)

I hope I did not embarrassed myself but I got so smashed,,, Work was tough at the time and I had not been out in a while).

Foolishly drove back to the hotel (with only one eye open) no arrest, no one was hurt.

BUT: like I said they were Great!

im disgusted by this company and all the hype that surrounds it's "limited" releases, why can't they make enough to supply the demand for real beer drinkers instead of ratcheting up this mania that ensures only those willing to fight crosstown traffic, endless lines and all kinds of buffoonery will get to have any? (I know the answer, HYPE +more short term sales), people just outside reasonable driving distance from Houston have no problem getting it, but the average beer lover will have little chance
I've still got a 9 I don't really need, pumpkinator was definitely an improvement and alas, nearly impossible to get a hold of

I agree the hype is pretty insane. I live just outside the city and have a full time job which it was difficult for me to find this beer on my lunch break. Some places i knew had it (and a lot) where sold out by 11am but i got lucky and talked to the distributer and help me find some. Most of these people ask off or dont work and buy it all up. I dont understand the hype and mad rush to get this beer. Its the better releases than the normal which i find not that amazing. Middle of the road beers except the special releases.

so i guess there's pretty much no hope for a guy from phoenix trying to find any of these then, is there? i know i'd never find it outside of texas, but sounds like it doesn't even like to leave the state via trade...bummer, i was just reading about this release (and the pumpkinator) and they looked delicous...

I got DR12 and pumpkinator. I can trade some DR12, maybe the pumpkinator if you got something to trade (i'll be out of state when they release the next batch). Send me a PM and we can work something out

Breweries all over the country do the same thing. It has a lot less to do with the beer than it does with the rarity. If you don't like the hassle of acquiring a rare beer then don't do it. Don't knock the brewery because you are too busy.

Middle of the road beers except the special releases.

Agreed. I'm a huge fan of their Summer Pils too. If you can ever find their Bourbon Barrel Stout on cask somewhere don't hesitate. One of the best beers I've ever tasted.

so i guess there's pretty much no hope for a guy from phoenix trying to find any of these then, is there? i know i'd never find it outside of texas, but sounds like it doesn't even like to leave the state via trade...bummer, i was just reading about this release (and the pumpkinator) and they looked delicous...

I've got a Pumpkinator and some DR12. If you can get something great there that we can't in Texas I may be up for a trade.

Are you still looking to trade your DR12? Or anybody else have that, or any interesting trades?

Back