heavy whipping cream instead of milk?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justbrewit

Zythos Conisseur
Reaction score
So I'm about to start making cheese, just got done reading the WHOLE cheese portion of the forum. Questions at this point are; 1) I can't find raw milk yet, can I use just straight whipping cream to make cheese? 2) can I use store milk and plus it up with whipping cream to make creamier cheese? I know I have to use milk the has not been UP, usually before I start a new hobby I read like crazy about it and the steps needed for the task. So far every thing seems pretty easy. The hard cheeses are a bit more involved and I need to make a press, will also have to make a cheese cave. But it looks like a lot of fun. I'm really needing more info on how to smoke the cheeses I'm going to make. Haven't seen anything on the step on how to do this yet but I'm still in the study phase of this new hobby. Any links showing the steps to smoke would be great if ou have any. Thanks and as always this is the place I go for info on my hobbies!

That you read this entire cheese forum is pretty tellin on how little info there is. Try this: http://www.cheeseforum.org/.

Cream will make cream cheese. Good if that's what you want.

You can supplement store bought milk with cream.

Calcium Chloride. If you are using store bought you must use it.

Good luck!

Back