Beer glasses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flywallyfly

Reaction score
I'm tired of drinking beer out of the same boring set of pint glasses I've had forever. Any suggestions about stores (not online) that have a good selection of drinking glasses?

We have a pottery outlet store here in Memphis that probably sells about 100 different types of glasses that they buy whole sale. I bought a few glasses and I plan on using some glass etching solution to customize them...its a start.
-Jefe-

If you have Cost Plus or could be World Market (depends on where you live) they have a pretty good selection of barware, mugs, pilsner glasses etc...

But be wary there though, a lot of the stuff that they have isn't very high quality, although a lot of stuff there is pretty cheap.

try your local thrift stores. i've found a whole bunch of sweet glasses at salvation army type places. people don't have any idea what they're getting rid of sometimes.

try your local thrift stores. i've found a whole bunch of sweet glasses at salvation army type places. people don't have any idea what they're getting rid of sometimes.

This... I have found several brandy snifters, tulips, pints, nonics, etc etc at thrift stores.

i've bought some nice glasses from some of my local liquor stores.

i gotta say i get the vast majority of my glasses from pubs. if i get a beer poured in a glass that i like and don't have i just ask the bartender and or the owner if i can take the glass home. i say w/ pint glasses they will give it to me 95% of the time. with tulips, goblets, & snifters maybe 75% of the time. it doesn't hurt to ask, the worst that they'll say is no. i have about 100 +/- pint glasses & maybe 20 or so tulips, goblets, & snifters.

I have been stealing pint glasses from bars/pubs since I was 21... I have hundreds of them... not very ethically correct but whatever, I have some of the most unique glasses you could ever find :D

The "Pilsner" glasses I bought at Walmart are actually pretty decent, although they are more like a Weizen glass. A 4-pack was only a few bucks (maybe $5-6?). I like the fact that I don't have to freak out if one gets broken, I can always pick up a few more. Next purchase will be a set of Chimay goblets, $10/ea at the LHBS.

I have been stealing pint glasses from bars/pubs since I was 21... I have hundreds of them... not very ethically correct but whatever, I have some of the most unique glasses you could ever find :D

*******. This is why so few bars serve in the proper glassware anymore.

*******. This is why so few bars serve in the proper glassware anymore.

Not true.... I'm buddies with my local neighborhood pub's owner. Lots of brewing companies actually provide glasses to him, free of charge. He serves everything in pint glasses, the free ones stay in the back.

He's actually given me a few snifters from belgian companies...

Back