A moment of silence please...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brmdavis

Reaction score
I've just learned by newsletter email that my favorite local microbrew is shutting the doors. It's called Nine G brewery and they made fantastic beer. I just bought the last six pack of Wingman from my supermarket and it is no more. Check it out if you like. http://www.ninegbrewing.com/

I always admired these guys; I was a little jealous too. When I started home brewing I would daydream about running my own microbrew as I sat for hours on end behind my desk. I don't have the marbles to take the plunge. These two did and at least they can say they tried.

If I weren’t such a chicken I'd put a bid on their equipment/building/market share and see just how savvy I am. I'd be interested if anyone knows of someone who's tried it, succeed or fail.

Just out of curiosity, what microbrews are in your area? How often do they fold? Are they quickly replaced with other entrepreneurs or do they just waste away?

No way! That's too bad about Voodoo and Dokter and their wives. The really scary thing is that they borrowed $319,000 from the Small Business Administration as a startup loan. That would have taken a TON of Bitchin' Betty Wheat beer to pay back.

As Brewpastor says, it's really really really hard to make money with bottled beer.

Jim Karr said:
No way! The really scary thing is that they borrowed $319,000 from the Small Business Administration as a startup loan.

Sounds like your in the know on their start-up, I was suprised on the quality of their equipment (pictures on internet) looks like the best money can buy, all copper and stainless...

by the way, i think you gave me the tip on $40 33lb bell brewery malt ext... I'm on my second jug since new years!

There was this great place(bar) in ChinChin, Barrel House Brewery. Great Beer!! Great people. Great Bands. Then the riots. Then the crime....blah..blah..blah... I think they still brew and sell locally so maybe thats a route for your place. RR

Franconia Notch brewing was shut down about a year ago in NH. Not because of lack of sales, but the space they leased was sold to make a Walgreen's. Their beer was good, hopefully they will be back up again, but with no news after a year the outlook doesn't seem good.

Back