Sugar and water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

distrex

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid questiong but has anyone ever fermented just sugar and water? What would it taste like?

It'll taste awesome. Try it with bread yeast, or just let it sit out and let wild yeast do their thing. I make this a few times per year.

Oh yea, me too. One thing I've found though is I just make it directly in the toilet. That way, the water is already there, I just have to dump in the sugar and yeast! Be sure and pee in there first though just to make sure everything is sanitized.

I would join in the party, guys, but I just drink a half bottle limoncello them piss it right back up to the top. Guests, and SWMBO, don't seem to notice......

Fiery Sword said:
I would join in the party, guys, but I just drink a half bottle limoncello them piss it right back up to the top. Guests, and SWMBO, don't seem to notice......

Wow, and I thought I was the only one...:drunk:

I fermented gatorade powder and table sugar with bread yeast once. Smelled like booty. Didnt have the cajones to taste it. I sill have it though (its aging).

My recomendation: do it, see what comes out, then post about it.

- magno

distrex said:
This is probably a stupid questiong but has anyone ever fermented just sugar and water? What would it taste like?

What relevance does this have to a beer forum?

A kids science forum would be a better place to ask..
Or a still forum.

distrex said:
orfy said:
What relevance does this have to a beer forum?

A kids science forum would be a better place to ask..
Or a still forum.
It has lots of relevance *sugar-water-yeast* i swear these things have somthing to do with brewing beer? :D
bitching.gif

ACTUALLY guys I have done it.... we LOVE skeeter pee around here and i AM ALWAYS GETTING BEGGED TO MAKE MORE OF IT BY FRIENDS AND FAMILY( sorry caps) I was not making enough wine or beer to use the yeast cakes ( an s05 cake makes it very good) so I tried just fermenting out sugar water( we did invert it) and adding the lemon juice and other ingredients... not awful but not as good...THEN someone came up with the idea of using this sugar wash to make kool aid....of course I added sorbate to stop further fermentation and we bought several different flavors of kool aid.... it was actually really good in a sickeningly sweet kinda way....coincidentally just yesterday my sister in law told me she would buy the sugar and bottled water etc to do it again because she liked it so well.....the favorites were orange.... black cherry...lemonade. BUT The favorite was black cherry and lemonade mixed together........ sounds like high school kid trying to get drunk BS but it was actually very drinkable and fun to do because we got a group together and did mix and taste testing...was a good time.

Back