Good day today!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akthor

Reaction score
So I had my first batch that was slow to ferment. Made a Graff Sat. and by last night at 11 pm? Nothing. ( I think now it was my airlock was too full which mislead me )

And yesterday I pitched the slurry from an Apfelwein into a batch of Skeeter pee I had ready to go. Skeeter Pee can be tricky to get fermenting so I was worried I would have problems with that too.

Woke up this morning and the skeeter pee was bubbling away. I looked at my graff bucket and the airlock water looked really full. Sucked some water out of it and replaced the airlock cap and it started bubbling away nicely.

Phew!!! :ban:

So I had my first batch that was slow to ferment. Made a Graff Sat. and by last night at 11 pm? Nothing. ( I think now it was my airlock was too full which mislead me )

And yesterday I pitched the slurry from an Apfelwein into a batch of Skeeter pee I had ready to go. Skeeter Pee can be tricky to get fermenting so I was worried I would have problems with that too.

Woke up this morning and the skeeter pee was bubbling away. I looked at my graff bucket and the airlock water looked really full. Sucked some water out of it and replaced the airlock cap and it started bubbling away nicely.

Phew!!! :ban:

I have a batch of skeeter pee on an apfelwein slurry right now. do you have yours in a bucket or a carboy under airlock?

In a 5 gallon bucket with a blow off tube. I only made the batch 5 gallons not 5 1/2. I have a bunch of 5 gal food grade buckets I got for free from a bakery. I use them for all my non beer stuff. I use blow off tubes on them all. Easier, no worries and the big jugs of water with star san I put the blow off tubes in never need to be checked or filled for long term stuff like Apfelwein. Leaves my 3 - 6.5 gallan buckets free to brew beer.

I tasted my first batch of Apfelwein as I kegged it and it was very "white wine" tasting to me not sure if I will like it I am not a wine guy but I am sure all my friends and the gals that do drink wine will enjoy it. Plus if I can use the slurry to make Skeeter Pee which I am sure I will love it's a bonus.

The batch I just kegged and used for the skeeter pee was Apple, pineapple, Cran/rasp Apfelwein and to me it tasted better. Sweeter, more fruit flavor. Can't wait to see what the Skeeter Pee tastes like I made from it.

Wow I thoought Apfelwein had an active fermentation. That skeeter pee is bubbling like mad thanks goodness I have a blowoff tube on it.

Wow I thoought Apfelwein had an active fermentation. That skeeter pee is bubbling like mad thanks goodness I have a blowoff tube on it.

Funny.. my first batch just got fizzy when fermenting.. the apfelwein batch went NUTS and almost foamed over my bucket.

Back