Ge kegerator issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyobrew22

Reaction score
I recently purchased the ge 7cu ft freezer from SAMs club to hold my 4 corny kegs and draft tower based on a couple of projects I have seen here and elsewhere online. It's done with a four handle tower and two five pound co2 tanks on the hump but I can not get all four of the old cornies to fit at all. Any ideas? I know it's supposed to be tight but the fourth keg will go no more than halfway down no matter how I turn them. Was thinking of trying to shave off some of the rubber coating at the bottom of the kegs but I can't seem to find an easy way of doing that. Anyone have similar issues?

They have to be all ball lock kegs not modded pin locks. If they don't fit then maybe cutting some rubber will do.

Mine fit like this when staring down at them:

PoPo

Do you have pin-locks or ball locks? If they are pin locks, they are shorter and fatter than ball locks and you wont be able to fit as many.

They are all ball locks. Maybe shaving more rubber off the bottoms will give me enough space. It's just a pain to get any off, that stuff is on there and pretty tough

Back