Are there any big name stores that carry SSR's?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HellBentBrewCo

Reaction score
so I think I have a bad SSR. The SSR can provide power to the "on" light but when anything is plugged into the outlet it can't provide any power to anything. I'd like to use my new RIMS set up tomorrow but I don't have a replacement SSR to test it out.

Are there any big name stores, Best Buy, Sears, Lowes, Home Depot etc that carry SSR's? I'd like to buy one today if possible. If not big name is there any place else I should look?

I have a grainier but it's not open on saturday or Sunday. I was thinking radio shack?

negative to radio shack... google "industrial electrical supply" and see if any of them are open on the weekend.

Also check your area for surplus electronics stores. I've found used 40Amp SSR's for $9.00 before.

Does this problem sound like a bad SSR? Why would the light work but nothing on the outlet? I've bypassed the SSR and wired the outlet directly so that piece def. works. Just shocked that the SSR only worked for 5 minutes then broke

Does this problem sound like a bad SSR? Why would the light work but nothing on the outlet? I've bypassed the SSR and wired the outlet directly so that piece def. works. Just shocked that the SSR only worked for 5 minutes then broke

From your description, I'd say it's bad. You had a heatsink on it, right? Could just be infant mortality. Rare, but it happens.

I'd recommend using a multimeter on the trigger to make sure the SSR is getting the proper trigger voltage. I'd also recommend testing across the output to see if you're getting any output. Seems odd that it'd be dead after only 5 mins, but it is possible.

I figured it out! I somehow changed a setting from heating to cooling. S dumb. Auber needs to add a factory reset to these things to prevent my dumb mistakes.

MAYBE Radio Shack has them.

When I was in electrical/computer engineering school, they were always sort of a last resort place to get last-minute supplies for electronics projects. They usually had a decent supply of the popular TTL/CMOS logic devices and op amps, but I dunno if they had SSRs or not.

Prolly not one by you, but for others in the same situation, but different location- Frys Electronics only charges an arm for them...

Fry's in ATL have SSR's...I think only 25 amp but that would save you in a pinch.

I hsve been building a spare parts inventory for the tough to get specialty items

Back