new cornys with plastic lids

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelob6

Reaction score
I recently picked up 3 new corny kegs(genuine article, not them china made ones) for nothing. They have red plastic tops with manual relief valves. Has anyone ever had any experience with these? Will the plastic tops be ok for beer?

You just said "genuine article" and "They have red plastic tops" in the same question......

Plastic lids will be AOK for beer, but if I were you, I'd go ahead and get some stainless steel lids. I personally wouldn't want to baby plastic tops that could crack and wear when you can do pretty much whatever you want with stainless steel:

http://www.googleadservices.com/pag...om/keg-lid-reconditioned-racetrack-style.html

Yes they are the real deal. They say Cornelius keg corp Minnesota on them. And they came with plastic. I have several kegs but not with plastic. Was just wondering if anyone had problem or good things with them.

I had two plastic top, single handle corny kegs. One was red the other was green. They both are old and not new. They are the single handle style. I had trouble with one of them leaking past the relief valve and had to change it to a different lid. I tried swapping relief valves, but the leak was in the lid. I think the poppet seat just wore out. They were fine for beer.

ForumRunner_20121011_204623.png

ForumRunner_20121011_204643.png

ForumRunner_20121011_204714.png

Nice looking keg. Did you clean it? or buy it that way.? The only thing is that they need to lean against something when upside down. I have 2 of the same.

I bought all 3 of them like that. They are actually dirtier than when I got them. As long as they hold beer that's all I care.

Back