Root beer float

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 109892

Reaction score
So for years at work I have been making a sort of pseudo root beer float by simply adding some half an half to root beer to root beer to simulate the creaminess of melted ice cream and I thought why not make a huge batch of this with french vanilla creamer.
My question is. Would this work in a keg: to make a root beer from scratch and add some vanilla creamer and then Carb it. It sounds simple enough in theory but I'm not sure how cream reacts with Co2 or being carbonated. Would it separate like like an Irish car bomb does when you drop it and let it sit(aka curdling) or would it stay mixed and creamy?

So for years at work I have been making a sort of pseudo root beer float by simply adding some half an half to root beer to root beer to simulate the creaminess of melted ice cream and I thought why not make a huge batch of this with french vanilla creamer.
My question is. Would this work in a keg: to make a root beer from scratch and add some vanilla creamer and then Carb it. It sounds simple enough in theory but I'm not sure how cream reacts with Co2 or being carbonated. Would it separate like like an Irish car bomb does when you drop it and let it sit(aka curdling) or would it stay mixed and creamy?

i have ABSOLUTELY no idea but if you make it work send me a message! i am near portland and more than willing to make the drive for such a beverage :mug:

Back