• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SON OF A B... 230V march pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekjohns

Reaction score
Awesome news the guy I was talking to has 5 120V 809 HS with stainless head that he can get me for ~$170 a piece. Does that seem like a good deal? Would anyone else want me to ge them one?

5 for 170 total? If so I'd be in for one or two. 170 each doesn't seem like that great of a deal, I haven't priced the ss head models though

That doesn't sound right $170 for 5 pumps comes out to $34 each pump. with ss head! I'll tell you what, if that's the case, I'll buy all 5 pumps from you for a total of $340.

The plastic-headed pumps are usually in the $140 range but if you're lucky you can score them for a little less than that. I've never seen the prices for the ss head so I don't know if $170 is a great deal, but it's not bad.

$170 per pump. Keep in mind these are the stainless steel versions. the only place I have seen them to get an accurate price range is morebeer for $400 I think 170 brand new is a pretty good price. $30 more than the plastic head and $10 more than brass. Plus these things are not that common. I will assume everyone that posted above is not interested at this price range so please correct me if I am wrong as I will sell these on a first come first serve basis (assuming I buy them of course)

they are coming from a bio-diesel plant that closed down. The guy I have been in contact with says they are new in box.

IF they really are NIB, and 110/120V I'd be in for one. If they were used in the plant, I'd need to know where they were used. If pumping the source oil, that's one thing. Although at that rate, I could just replace the inner parts after giving the head a nice long PBW soak. :D

list so far (4 available):
wildwest
jman
atjsparty
gold
mb2658

well it will be in first come first serve and it when I place the order tomorrow there is transit times and people do change there mind

As long as they're NIB and run on normal 110/120v current, I'm in... Hell, as long as they're not butt-nasty and run on 110/120v, I'm in... It would take something major happening to get me to back out.

When are you planning on gathering payment and such on these? I work during the day so can't exactly reply at high speeds to messages. :drunk: Have to do something to make the money to be able to make great beer. :rockin:

I will not collect money until they are in my hand and confirmed NIB

I will not collect money until they are in my hand and confirmed NIB

And confirmed 120V?
If they are 230V I'm sure a lot of people using electric breweries could still use them, might actually be easier for some since they wouldn't need to run a nuetral to get 120V :D

Since you've confirmed 120v, then I'm in... Unless you get them and they're 220v... Even then, I might still be in since I could probably swap the head onto my existing March pump. :rockin: :drunk:

Looks like you have multiple people on the list; however, I would certainly take one if you end up with any extras. (i.e. put me on the list)

I need 2 if they are as advertised. Feel free to cut me loose if need be, thanks!

Back