15 minutes extract, flooding, quick beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevedasleeve

Reaction score
I figured I would cover three topics in one post!

1. I have been doing all grain for zillions of years, but since getting a 3 gallon keg I decided to do a quick extract batch. I am planning on using one half of a packet of dry yeast rather than making a starter, has anyone done this?

2. I am sure someone has done this but my day started with my forgetting I was filling my carboy with water to clean it out and of course I managed to completely forget about it for 10 minutes, meanwhile it was flooding the basement!

3. Also I kegged a new rye ale, force carbonated it which is unusual for me since I usually have tons of beer and am not terribly impatient about getting the next one ready, and after five minutes of rocking the keg around at 50 psi and then putting it on tap, It is ready and tastes fantastic! What a concept!!

Steve da sleeve

I do 2 gallon batches and use the whole yeast pack most of the time since you really can't save it. Just use a blow off tube.

Back