beer/pretzel cheese

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls Beers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was at a bar not that long ago, and ordered some hot pretzels. With the pretzels was a side of cheese. It wasn't Velveeta or cheddar, but it was really good. maybe it was cheddar, i don't remember.. Does anybody have a recipe for a cheese dipping sauce for pretzels?

Cheez Whiz? It gets a poor reputation but it can be absolutely heavenly on a proper cheesesteak. Some foodservice variant of it would be a likely candidate.

More than likely it was some sort of cheez whiz type thing unless it was listed on the menu as beer cheese or something like that.

I agree with fusor and whiz can be the perfect thing for a cheesesteak or for dipping fries or something into.

I know this isn't cheese, but I worked for a brewpub that made their own beer mustard. It was spicy mustard mixed with their chocolate porter, was awesome in my opinion.

No idea but I have working on a really thick (read: dip) made the same way as beer cheese soup just thicker.

Back