can someone please explain these and the differences between them.EG.BREWFERM FURIOSO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrawbag

Reaction score
im looking at these kits and the first has a much higher alcohol content but what are they and whats the difference between them?
FURIOSO
PALIDO
DORADO
and why in 10 liter batches?
are they to add with another 1.5kg(3.3lb) extract or are they the full thing
google and the search for this site are not revealing anything usefull to me who has never come across these before. they are 20 euro each. mabey 26 dollars.

It looks like these are intended to produce only 10 l of beer. These contain dried malt extract rather than the cans of liquid. The site claims the kits include the hops in hop bags that are then vacuum sealed. It appears that if you want a 20 l batch, you will need to use two kits, or else the hopping will be quite off. I cannot determine if the kits include a sachet of dry yeast, as their elaborate instructions give information for making a starter from dry yeast or using an appropriate Wyeast strain. Can you tell from the package whether yeast is included?

The Furioso is a blond tripel, while the Pálido is a wheat and the Dorado a normal blonde. Depending on your level as a brewer and the availability of ingredients, I would think you could make a pretty decent Belgian on your own. The yeast is typically what gives these beers their character, so if Brewferm does not include a high quality strain, these kits might not be very special.

these dont come with yeast. i have never added hops but these kits look like a good place to start if i want to improve on the kit beer i have done before. the results have not been superb yet.
the palido wheat sounds good. i prefer a wheat ale over a fruity anyday.
i keep getting pushed towards adding hops for freshness and hopefully better head retention. ill have to take the plune eventually :p

Back