HELP!! Brew Day trouble

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muttieb

Reaction score
Hey everyone I could use some quick advice. I busted my fermentor while getting ready while mashing. I have a couple 4 gallon fermentors that I'm planning on using for this 5 gallon batch.
So if i put 2.5 gallons in each do i have to use a packet of yeast in both.
I'm making BM's Centennial Blonde with Nottingham yeast that I'm going to rehydrate. So could i just use 1/2 of the re hydrated yeast in both or do i have to put a packet worth into each.

Thanks for any quick help you can give!!

Don't Panic. An 11g packet of yeast is fine for 5 gallons. If you are splitting the batch into multiple fermentors just split the yeast proportionally and you'l get the same pitch rate as if you had just done it in one carboy.

Thanks! I ended up just splitting the yeast. This turned out to be the brew day from hell:drunk: First broke my large fermentor, then got my first stuck sparge, had a bee land in my cooling wort and ended the day by discovering that my fermentor was broken!! I think I'm ready for a homebrew:mug:

Back