Best Home Kit Available?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will21

Reaction score
Just curious. I just started out with my mr beer kit and in the process of making my second batch. bottled west coast pale ale last night.
after i grow out of this kit, what is the next best one to get?
for someone who doesnt want to spend a fortune but still get enough out of his purchase and will keep him making beer and not get tired of it for a long time.

:mug:

Will21 said:
Just curious. I just started out with my mr beer kit and in the process of making my second batch. bottled west coast pale ale last night.
after i grow out of this kit, what is the next best one to get?
for someone who doesnt want to spend a fortune but still get enough out of his purchase and will keep him making beer and not get tired of it for a long time.

:mug:

If you have the Mr. Beer kit the next logical step would be a 5 gallon brew kettle from your local target or walmart, and a glass carboy along with some bottling equipment. A deluxe kit including racking bucket, carboy and bottling supplies can be had at your local lhbs ( local home brewing store ).

Take some time to read around. And then ask some questions if they are un answered in the threads.

Hope this helps.

Take a look at the starter kits on any of the brewing supply websites (Austin Homebrew, Northern Brewer, More Beer) or check out a local brewing supply shop (where are you located, people may be able to point you in the right direction).

Also, have a look at the wiki to see what equipment comes in many of the kits.

I prefer buckets for primary, and they are usually at least 50% cheaper than a glass or PET plastic carboy.

I save the carboy for secondary, and in a pinch you can just primary 3-4 weeks, skip secondary, and just bottle from there.

Back