my corny doesnt seal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shwagger

Reaction score
I just got a corny and it looks like it has new or very good seals. I filled it with soapy water and put the lid on then shook the hell out of it. Water is spirting out the top. should I change out the seal or is there something I do not know?

thanks

These lids can be a little teadiuos as well. I try and center my lids before i hit them with pressure. They normally slide over when you clamp them down but after that you can still pull them around a bit.

I just kegged last night and I set the lid at 30 psi. Then I held the bleed valve and slowly turned down the output on my regulator until it was at about 10-12. It makes a real big mess if the kegs overfilled but it works good.

These lids can be a little teadiuos as well. I try and center my lids before i hit them with pressure. They normally slide over when you clamp them down but after that you can still pull them around a bit.

I just kegged last night and I set the lid at 30 psi. Then I held the bleed valve and slowly turned down the output on my regulator until it was at about 10-12. It makes a real big mess if the kegs overfilled but it works good.

Ahh, good info

One thing I noticed, my cap doesnt have a relief valve. Or it was there and broke off. Can I still purge via the "in" valve without it barfing all over the place?

Williams Brewing sells extra fat, softer lid o-rings specifically because they tend to seal better on these old beat-up kegs.

I've used a few and gone from finicky seals to 100% easy seals.

Latest posts

Back